Cable TV Subscribers Gain Access to Live Coverage of Every Event on Multiple Platforms
Clear Creek Communications, in agreement with NBCUniversal, announces a multi-platform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, to commence on Thursday, February 6, and run through Sunday, February 23.
Clear Creek Communications Cable TV subscribers will have access to NBCUniversal’s unprecedented 1,500+ hours of Winter Olympic programming, including every Olympic competition, live and on-demand and across multiple platforms. In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), MSNBC, CNBC, and USA Network, subscribers can stay connected to the Sochi Olympic Winter Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra app, America’s premier Olympic digital destinations. Like no other event to date, the Olympic Games have been, and continue to be, a watershed moment for “TV Everywhere,” helping to drive awareness and usage.
The following multi-platform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow Clear Creek Communications customers to watch and be a part of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games through their televisions, PCs, and mobile and tablet apps.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on Clear Creek Communications Includes:
NBCOlympics.com: NBC Sports Live Extra, the home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to customers who subscribe to Enhanced and above on NBC, USA, NBCSN, CNBC and MSNBC. NBCOlympics.com will feature, for the first time, live streaming coverage of all Winter Games competition, plus event rewinds and extensive video highlights. Clear Creek Communications customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Customers should follow the verification process to access NBC Olympics programming via NBCOlympics.com:
- Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
- Click the “Verify Now” button
- Select “Clear Creek Communications”
- Enter the username and password that corresponds with your account. (If you don’t have one, please contact Clear Creek Communications at 503-631-2101.
- Upon verification of your subscription to an Olympics-eligible package, you will be signed in throughout the Games on that device!
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Sports Live Extra app will be available to verified Clear Creek Communications customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics Highlights and Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
- On Demand:NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via Clear Creek Communications Video-On-Demand service.
- In-Games: Each day during the Sochi Games, NBCUniversal will offer a digital figure skating show called “Olympic Ice.” Also during the Games, NBCUniversal will offer more than 350 highlight clips and 150 full-length event replays available within 24 hours of an event’s completion, all in HD, available both via NBCOlympics.com and set-top box.
THE OLYMPICS BEGIN FEB. 6, 2014
With more Winter Olympic events than ever before, competition for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, will begin one day prior to the Opening Ceremony. As a result, NBC will begin its primetime coverage of the 2014 Sochi Olympics on Thursday, February 6, one night before the broadcast network provides its traditional coverage of the Opening Ceremony on Friday Feb. 7. This marks the first time NBC will air Olympic primetime coverage before the Opening Ceremony. The primetime broadcast on Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014, is scheduled to include competition in snowboard slopestyle (men’s and women’s), team figure skating, which is also in the Olympics for the first time; and women’s freestyle moguls.